There are so many things that people in Johnson City, TN may not know about roofing and siding contractors and the business itself. For example, did you know it takes around 6 hours to install a new roof? And if your home is under 10 years old, then there's a good chance that you're getting more energy-efficient shingles!
Here are several more things you need to know.
1. The life expectancy of asphalt shingles is about 15-30 years, but they can last up to 50 years if properly maintained and installed.
2. A roofing contractor will typically inspect your roof before providing you with a quote.
This roof inspection is crucial not just for the estimate. The inspector will also determine whether your roof can handle the shingles your roofer will be putting down.
3. Your roofing contractor should be able to offer you roofing material warranties, roof installation warranties, roof replacement services, roof repair services, and roof maintenance programs
4. Roofs are made of many different materials (metal roofs, asphalt shingle roofs). When your roof requires repair or replacement, one of the first things you'll need to decide on is roof material. But this shouldn't be a difficult choice if you already know what roofing material you want. For example, metal roofing contractors offer many different options, including steel, aluminum, and copper roofing.
5. To prevent excessive heat from entering your home's interior, roofing contractors can install roof windows or roof skylights.
1. You should change the siding every 10-20 years to protect against the elements and pests. If you are not sure of the age of your siding, your roofing contractor can give you an estimate. They are knowledgeable about the age of roofs because they've been providing roofing services for many years.
2. You'll need to pay more upfront for vinyl or metal siding than you would for wood siding. In the long run, it will save money because it's more durable and less likely to rot or fade. Although it is not as noticeable as roofs and windows, siding is an essential part of a house.
The face it presents to the world should be attractive and inviting. However, more importantly, it needs to stand up against 10-20 years of exposure elements.
3. Replacing siding also takes about six hours
4. Siding comes in many different colors and textures. Often, it's a customer favorite because it can add visual appeal to a home exterior. Even though metal roofing is one of the most durable roofing materials available, some people don't like its appearance.
If you're one of those people, then vinyl roofing and siding might be the material for you. It's even more durable than metal. It is also and available in many different colors and textures to match any home exterior.
Considering roofing and siding installation for your home soon? Then take some time to talk to roofing and siding Johnson City TN contractors. Your roof may still be under warranty, so you must keep up with it even after the roofing is installed.
We, at Johnson City Roofing and Siding, hope that this blog post has helped you understand what to look out for when purchasing a new roof and siding. If there is anything we didn't cover, please feel free to contact us with your questions. Our team of experts is ready and waiting to help make the process as easy as possible for you!